Six Winning Ideas for a Lean Warehouse
Improvements in logistics functions including purchasing, inventory planning, production planning, warehousing, and transportation are great ways to gain competitive advantage and deliver value to the customer.
The fact is, business competition has become so fierce that lean warehousing is necessary. It plays a critical role in determining the total cost of your operations and hence, your profitability.
Your warehouse operators need to be knowledgeable about how use tools, concepts and techniques that improve inbound flow, counting techniques and outbound demand that your warehouse is supporting.
Your logistics operator could be missing out on opportunities to improve operations by simply managing as best they can by the seat of their pants.
Here are six ideas that can help you develop a lean and profitable warehouse.
- Design your warehouse with safety as your number one priority. Regular safety audits should include equipment, building, ergonomics, and processes.
- Operate your processes to the pace of customer demand. Unhappy customers can easily become lost customers.
- Use process metrics and takt time to determine the minimum number of resources, people and equipment for the you need for the efficient operation of the warehouse.
- Be aware that the Warehouse strategy is driven by inventory strategy. Regularly meet with inventory, purchasing and production planners to communicate how much warehouse space is available.
- Implement a strong 5S system with regular training, enforce discipline and regular audits.
- Integrate your warehouse operating standards with the 5S System.
RMP Consultancy has worked with many warehouse operations and we believe that we can greatly help increase your efficiency and profitability. Give us a call.
Upcoming Warehouse, Inventory and Logistics Seminars
5 Dec 2019, Thursday, Basic Warehouse Operations and Inventory Control,
11 Dec 2019, Wednesday, Effective Inventory Planning and Management,
9 Jan 2020, Thursday, Good Warehousing Practices,
13 Jan 2020, Monday, Basic Warehouse Operations and Inventory Control,
17 Jan 2020, Friday, Effective Inventory Planning and Management,
21 Jan 2020, Tuesday, Good Warehousing Practices,
30 Jan 2020, Thursday, Strategic Warehouse Management (Two Days),
Register for one of the Seminars Above
Register for the Seminar
Please Contact Claire or Marco
Landlines: Tel (632) 8697-0767, Tel (632) 8372-4563
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0918-937-3455
Or you can write an email to us and send it to:
Comments are closed