Reliability Centered Maintenance Re-Engineered Yellow Belt Certification
This is a 2 day – RCM-R® Basic course at the Yellow Belt level.
Course Developed by: James Reyes-Picknell, Conscious Asset, Canada
Presented by: Rafael M. Pefianco
Textbook – “Reliability Centered Maintenance – Re-engineered”, Jesus Sifonte and James Reyes-Picknell, 2017, Productivity Press, NY
Course participants may take the Yellow Belt Online Certification Exam at no cost at the end of the 2-day course. Successfully passing the exam earns you the RCM-R® Yellow Belt.
You can purchase the textbook from online book sellers like Amazon or directly from the author James Reyes-Picknell. Let us know so we can arrange it.
Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) is a corporate-level maintenance strategy aimed at maximizing the productive life of your physical assets. RCM is considered the most effective method to optimize the maintenance program of your company or facility. It will help control your maintenance costs and increase profits.
The RCM method is part of RCM-R®. We include tools to make it easier to understand and implement RCM-R® as a maintenance strategy and get the best results.
RCM-R® consists of five pillars:
- Data Integrity
- RCM according to SAE JA1011 and JA1012
- Analysis RAM (Reliability, Availability and Maintainability)
- Weibull Analysis and
- Continuous Improvement
The RCM-R® Basic Course complies with the requirements of SAE JA1011 (Evaluation Criteria for Reliability-Centered Maintenance) and JA 1012of the American Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
The class concentrates on the practical teaching of RCM-R® as an optimized process for the formulation of management policies concerning asset and process failure consequences.
The course is supported by the book “Reliability Centered Maintenance Reengineered: Practical Optimization of the RCM Process with RCM-R®” by authors Jesús R. Sifonte and James V. Reyes-Picknell.
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Dates
October 10 to 11 2019 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Objectives
- Learn the basic RCM method that complies with SAE JA-1011 and 1012.
- Learn the enhancements that align it with standards for risk management and data exchange while ensuring the best evidence-based decisions are used wherever possible.
- Understand how failures manifest in physical assets.
- Understand how to detect and deal with those failures before they become problematic to your business.
- Learn how minimal failure data is used to help make good decisions – you don’t need a lot of data; you need to know how to use what you do have.
- Understand the various condition monitoring technologies and how they work so you can determine which are best for the failures you are seeking to avoid.
- Learn how the process works beyond the analysis part of the effort. Discover how the project becomes an ongoing sustainable program.
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Key Topics
The course covers the RCM methodology at a progressively deeper level and explores the details and mathematics of maintenance.
- RCM brief history and business case
- RCM-R® and its fit within modern Asset Management (ISO 55001)
- RCM Standards – SAE JA-1011 and JA-1012
- RCM-R® and what makes it different from Standard RCM
- Selecting Strategies for Managing Failure Consequences
- Implementing RCM-R®
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Detailed Outline
- RCM-R® Prework
- Data gathering and integrity
- Asset Criticality Analysis
- Functions and failures
- Operating context
- Performance levels
- Functional analysis
- Functional block diagrams
- Failure types and their classes
- Failure symptoms and causes
- Failure modes and types
- Failure causes and types
- How much detail do you need?
- Quantifying failure impacts
- Failure effects
- Detection of failures
- Failure classification by consequence
- ISO based failure effects risk analysis
- Maintenance Strategies
- Technical feasibility and worth doing criteria
- Preventive Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Detective Maintenance
- Running to failure
- Non-recurring (one-time) changes
- Condition based techniques
- Vibration analysis
- Infrared thermography
- Precision lubrication and oil analysis
- Non-destructive testing
- Selecting strategies for managing failures
- Failure consequence management policies
- Hidden failures and their consequences
- Safety and environmental consequences
- Production consequences
- Maintenance consequences
- RCM-R® Decision diagram
- Developing maintenance tasks
- Fine-tuning RCM-R® analysis
- RAM analysis
- Failure data analysis
- Weibull analysis
- Task frequency determination
- Implementing RCM-R®
- Analysis teams
- Training and competency
- Estimating the effort
- Conduct of RCM-R® analysis
- Implementing outcomes
- Monitoring and continuous improvement
- Governance for sustainability
- Leveraging RCM-R®
- Integrated and iterative approach
- Industrial life cycle support
- Support to maintenance tasks
- Documentation and records
- Skills and capabilities
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Methodology
This is a highly interactive course with PowerPoint presentations, self-assessment exercises, cases and group discussions. More emphasis is put on the workshops to ensure maximum learning.
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Investment
PHP 25,000.00 plus 12% VAT per person
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Inclusions
- PDF Copy of Course Notes
- AM and PM Snacks
- Coffee or Tea
- Certificate of Attendance
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Yellow-Belt Certification
The course fee includes the possibility of taking our on-line examination (exam fee is included in the course fee) for certification in Reliability Centered Maintenance issued by Conscious Asset of Canada. The online exam is taken during the last two (2) hours of the 2nd day of the course.
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Duration
Reliability Centered Maintenance Course Audience
- Engineers and Planners
Reliability Centered Maintenance Couse Developed by:
James Reyes-Picknell is the author of “Uptime – Strategies for Excellence in Maintenance Management” (2015), “Reliability Centered Maintenance – Reengineered” (2017) and several other books. He is a Mechanical Engineer (University of Toronto 1977) with over 40 years of experience in Reliability, Maintenance and Asset Management.
James is widely regarded as a subject matter expert in ensuring the delivery of value by physical assets. His experience spans a wide range of industries, public and private sector; all dependent on physical assets for their success.
James career includes naval service (Canada), petro-chemicals, aerospace, shipbuilding, project management, software implementation, management consulting and training delivery.
James is a professional engineer (PEng), certified management consultant (CMC), certified maintenance and reliability professional (CMRP), maintenance management professional (MMP), certified asset management assessor (CAMA) and certified blockchain professional (CBP). He is the 2016 recipient of Canada’s prestigious Sergio Guy Award for outstanding contributions to the profession.
James Reyes Picknell is a well known and recognized authority of Reliability Centered Maintenance. He and Rafael Pefianco are cooperating to bring the benefits of Reliability Centered Maintenance to operations in the Philippines. Email us or a skype us to discuss how Reliability Centered program can help your company reduce your maintenance cost.
James Reyes-Picknell is a highly experienced RCM practitioner familiar with various methods of executing RCM. He has written numerous articles and a book on the topic published in 2000. His RCM experience includes naval, aviation, utility, natural resource, manufacturing and processing industrial environments. He is the author of the best-selling book, “Uptime – Strategies for Excellence in Maintenance Management” now in its 3rd edition (2015) and widely used as a reference in certification programs and post-graduate continuing education. Uptime’s well-proven and successful Pyramid of Excellence uses RCM as a center-piece for choosing excellence. James is a registered Professional Engineer, Certified Management Consultant, Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional and a Certified Asset Management Assessor.
Register for one of the Seminars Above
Register for the Seminar
Please Contact Claire or Marco
Landlines: Tel (632) 8697-0767, Tel (632) 8579-0233
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0918-937-3455
Or you can write an email to us and send it to:
Comments are closed