Effective Purchasing Skills Seminar
This Purchasing Seminar will teach your purchasing staff the skills they need to be able to source and buy the supplies and materials you need it at the best price and quality that they can get.
It will introduce them to the analyze the product issues surrounding quality, price, lead times, volumes, and supplier performance.
Instead of haggling solely on price, your staff will learn to look deeper into the development of supplier relations that can lead to significant price reductions through the development of a leaner and more efficient supply chain.
In the many years I spent as a purchaser, I have across many instances where the cheapest is not necessarily the best purchase. Cheap inputs items usually mean lower quality output products that your clients will notice. If you do this enough times, your client might look elsewhere for higher quality products even if it will cost them a little more.
Do your people have the skills they need to really compare prices and quality? What are your Key Performance Indices for your suppliers?
This purchasing seminar will take them through the analysis, concepts and strategies that lead to a better long-term relationship with the best suppliers.
How you will benefit from this RMP Consultancy Seminar
- Learn from an experienced expert practitioner and trainer
- Receive a comprehensive manual on the topic
- Enjoy the benefits of a small group size where the presenter can pay more attention to you and your unique needs
Objectives of this Purchasing Seminar
At the end of the seminar the participants should be able to:
- Determine the total cost of ownership of the products you purchase
- Choose the best products available
- Identify the best supplier
- Apply effective techniques for locating, choosing, negotiating with, and managing suppliers
What you will Cover in this Purchasing Seminar
- Understanding the Purchasing Function
- Understanding how savings in purchasing increases profits
- Understanding Purchasing in a Lean Management Environment
- Purchasing in a Just-in-Time Environment
- Creating the Purchasing Price Abstract: Calculating who really gives the best price
- Understanding Quality Indicators for local products and imported products
- Looking Beyond the Price Abstract
- Calculating Re-Order Points
- Understanding how Lead Time affects Safety Stock Levels
- Calculating Economic Order Quantity to optimize frequency of ordering
- How poor purchasing polices can easily add inventory in the warehouse
- How dead stock is added to inventory
- Calculating the total cost of ownership
- Understanding Supplier Metrics: Developing your supplier quality program
Who Should Attend this Purchasing Seminar?
- Purchasing staff
- Supply chain staff
- Buyers, and
- Businessmen looking for ways to cut costs and improve profit margins.
Purchasing Seminar Methodology
The Purchasing Seminar uses a combination of short lectures, visual presentations, and exercises. More time is spent on hands-on exercises to allow the participants to learn the material presented in a fun and easy manner. The presenter will share many templates in MS Excel in this Purchasing Seminar.
Bring a Laptop
Many of the Lessons to be presented require calculations using MS Excel. It is recommended that you bring your LAPTOP COMPUTER to be able to follow the analysis being demonstrated. A Maximum of 2 participants per laptop may share for optimum learning. Your computer should have MS Excel or equivalent software installed.
Upcoming Purchasing Seminars
18 Oct 2019, Friday, Effective Purchasing Skills,
4 Nov 2019, Monday, Effective Purchasing Skills,
7 Nov 2019, Thursday, Strategic Purchasing Management and Negotiation Skills Training (2 days),
Register for one of the Seminars Above
Register for the Seminar
RMP Consultancy Seminars are available in the following formats:
- Public Seminar at our training center in Quezon City Philippines
- In-House (at your site) Workshop Format for a Max of 25 pax (Recommended)
- Special Exclusive Run
- One-on-one Coaching
Please Call Marco or Claire:
Landlines: Tel (632) 697-0767, Tel (632) 579-0233
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0920-918-7358
Comments are closed