Lean Value Stream Mapping
This Lean Value Stream Mapping seminar teaches the process which illustrates the flow of materials and information as the product or service moves through the various processes in your plant. The Value Stream Map is a paper-and-pencil representation of every process along with key data. It differs significantly from tools such as process mapping or layout diagrams because it includes information flow as well as material flow.
This 2 day Lean Value Stream Mapping Seminar will teach you how to create value stream maps that will enable you to see the waste in the existing flows and generate ideas on how to minimize if not remove these wastes.
The seminar will also teach you to appreciate the differences and nuances between flowcharts, process maps and value stream maps. Each tool tells a different story.
The value stream map answers questions such as:
- What does the current process look like?
- How does value flow through the process?
- What steps in the process add value and what steps do not add value?
- What are the sources of the waste in the value stream?
- What areas of the process need the most improvement?
Identifying waste with a Value Stream Map
VSM is used to identify one or more of the following types of waste:
- Improper use of human intellect
Objectives of the Lean Value Stream Mapping Seminar
At the end of the workshop you should be able to:
- Understand and explain to others the benefits of value-stream mapping
- Draw a current-state map
- Identify major lean concepts
- Draw a future-state map
- Develop a basic implementation plan
Key Topics Covered in this Lean Value Stream Mapping Seminar
- Lean Concepts and Value Stream Mapping
- Value Stream Maps, Process Maps and Flow Charts: The Differences
- Exercise: Drawing a current-state map
- PDCA and the concept of Continual Improvement
- Understanding the History, development and Concepts of Flow
- Individual efficiency vs. system efficiency
- Analyzing the flow for bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement
- How to Conduct a Value Stream Mapping at your plant
- Verifying the Value Stream Map
- Applying the Lean Tools
- Designing a lean flow
- Kanban Concepts
- Kaizen and PDCA
- 7 QC Tools
- Poka Yoke
- A3 Report Format
- Exercise: Drawing a future-state map
- Creating a plan for implementing the future state
Lean Value Stream Mapping Seminar Timeline
Day 1 : Theory and Table Exercises
Day 2 pm : Workshop and Presentations “Drawing your own Value Stream Map”
Who should attend this Lean Value Stream Mapping Seminar
- Operators, engineers, managers, supervisors, technical support personnel, and change agents
- Any industry with multi-step processes
- Organizations at any level of a lean journey
Duration of this Lean Value Stream Mapping Seminar
Upcoming Business Process Improvement Seminars
15 Apr 2019, Monday, Focused Improvement: The 7 Quality Control Tools,
13 May 2019, Monday, Focused Improvement: The 7 Quality Control Tools,
21 May 2019, Tuesday, Forecasting Techniques for Inventory Control,
30 May 2019, Thursday, Focused Improvement: The 7 Quality Control Tools,
20 Jun 2019, Thursday, Statistical Process Control (SPC) Training - 2 Days,
Register for one of the Seminars Above
Register for the Seminar
RMP Consultancy Seminars are available in the following formats:
- Public Seminar at our training center in Quezon City Philippines
- In-House (at your site) Workshop Format for a Max of 25 pax (Recommended)
- Special Exclusive Run
- One-on-one Coaching
Please Call Marco, Claire or Danny:
Landlines: Tel (632) 697-0767, Tel (632) 579-0233
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0920-918-7358
Comments are closed