Inventory and Warehouse Management for Healthcare Facilities
Raffy and Chili Pefianco of RMP Consultancy conducted the highly successful Inventory and Warehouse Management Training at the Silliman University Medical Center Foundation, Inc. in Dumaguete City last October 1-2, 2015.
The participants were led by Mr. Mr. Roberto D. Montebon MBA, president and administrator, and were composed of the department managers and supervisors of the tertiary hospital.
Silliman University Medical Center is one of the top and most preferred medical facilities in Dumaguete City. It specializes in pediatrics and obstetrics and has 150 beds.
The seminar introduced modern the concepts of operations management and industrial engineering used in manufacturing to optimize inventory levels and improve warehouse operations improve operations. The objectives of these techniques is to lower capital and operational expenses while at the same time provide the level of care that the patients require. The principles of LEAN, as learned from the Toyota Production System, were used to demonstrate how concepts such as just in time, kanban techniques, safety stock reduction and forecasting improvement can be used in a hospital environment to achieve remarkable improvement.
Effective Inventory and Warehouse Management for Healthcare Seminar Outline
How you will Benefit from this RMP Consultancy Seminar
- Learn from an experienced expert practitioner and international trainer.
- Receive a comprehensive manual and workbook.
- Receive an updated set of templates that you can use immediately.
- Enjoy the benefits of a small group size where the presenter can pay more attention to you and your unique needs.
Objectives of this Seminar
- Learn how to determine your optimum stocking levels
- Analyze and organize your warehouse better
- Develop a Kanban System for your hospital inventory
- Monitor and count your stocks better and more accurately
Effective Inventory and Warehouse Management for Healthcare
Key Topics of this Inventory and Warehouse Management Seminar
- The Ideal Inventory Cycle
- Applying LEAN Principles to Inventory Management
- Calculating Re-Order Points
- Calculating Safety Stocks
- Calculating Economic Order Quantities (EOQ)
- Applying Pareto Analysis to Inventory
- The ABC System of Inventory Management
- Cycle Counting Inventory
- The KPI’s to monitor operations
- Controlling Inventory
- The Major Warehouse Challenges
- The Functions of the Warehouse
- The Role and Duties of the Warehouseman
- Optimizing the warehouse layout for improved flow
- Improving Binning Operations
- Applying the Kanban System to your Inventory
- Improving Releasing Operations
- Warehouse Security
- Health, Safety and Environment (HSE)
- Introduction to 5S in the Warehouse
Who should attend this seminar?
- Warehouse Personnel
- Inventory Personnel
- Team Leaders
- Department Heads
Comments are closed