Basic Forecasting Training
Forecasting involves predicting the amount of inventory, resources or even manpower we need to continue producing our products or services in the future. Management may ask you to make a forecast on the following:
- How much will we sell this year?
- How much demand will there be for our product or service?
- How much will it cost to produce the product or offer the service?
- Where should we invest so that we can make our targets?
- How much inventory do we need and when will we need them?
While a forecast can never be completely accurate, it is better to have one than have none at all. Many of us start the year by presenting our sales or revenue forecasts for the year. As the year progresses we can compare our actual performance to the forecast. The comparison may give us a better insight on the steps we need to take in order to hit our performance targets.
Preparing a forecast can be quite a challenge for many. However, with the right combination of the spreadsheet tools and a little training, you should be able to create a process that creates reliable forecasts. Imagine how the organization will be pleased with you of you can whip out your laptop and produce a credible forecast.
The RMP Consultancy Basic Forecasting Training seminar can help you become the top forecaster in your group. You will understand the concepts of forecasting as well as how to use a spreadsheet program to prepare the forecast. The seminar is very practical and involves hands-on learning by actually doing.
This is a top rated forecasting seminar in Quezon City, Philippines developed and presented by Rafael M. Pefianco MPM FAAPM of RMP Consultancy. This seminar is available as a public presentation as well as an in-house event at your promises. Give us a call.
Please bring your own laptop computer and learn how to use your spreadsheets to quickly generate the reports and analysis you need. Bring your own data and the presenter can help you analyze your reports using spreadsheet software like MS Excel.
How you will benefit from this RMP Consultancy Seminar
- Learn from an experienced expert practitioner and trainer
- Receive a comprehensive manual on the topic
- Receive an updated set of templates that you can use immediately
- Enjoy the benefits of a small group size where the presenter can pay more attention to you and your unique needs
Basic Forecasting Training
Objectives of the Forecasting Seminar
At the end of this forecasting seminar you are expected to be able to do the following:
- Understand Forecasting Basics
- Create an Annual Forecast
- Create a Quarterly Forecast
- Compare actual performance vs forecast
- Apply the appropriate Forecasting Method for your product line
Topics Covered in this Forecasting Seminar
- The Importance of Forecasting
- The Elements of a Good Forecast
- Forecasting Methods
- Qualitative Methods
- Delphi Technique
- Jury of Executive Opinion
- Sales Force Composite
- Time Series Analysis Using Historical Data
- The Annual Forecast
- Linear Trendline (Linear Regression)
- Forecasting with Seasonal Adjustments
- Naïve Forecasting
- Moving Average
- Analyzing Data for Trends
- Exponential Smoothing
- Seasonal Decomposition
- Introduction to ARIMA type forecasts
- The Forecast Sheet in MS Excel 2016
- ETS AAA in MS Excel 2016
- Understanding Forecast Errors
- Popular Commercial Software
- Freeware from the OpenSource Community
- Collaborative Planning Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR)
- Worked Examples
- Forecasting Simulation
Forecasting Seminar Methodology
The seminar uses a combination of lectures, visual presentations, workshops, and group discussions. More emphasis is placed on the hands-on workshops to allow the participants to learn the material presented in a fun and easy manner. The presenter will provide participants with sample data and templates in MS Excel format for the practice sessions.
Who should attend this Forecasting Seminar?
- Managers and Supervisors
- Team Leaders
- Staff who need to prepare a forecast
Register for one of the Seminars Above
Register for the Seminar
RMP Consultancy Seminars are available in the following formats:
- Public Seminar at our training center in Quezon City Philippines
- In-House (at your site) Workshop Format for a Max of 25 pax (Recommended)
- Special Exclusive Run
- One-on-one Coaching
Please Call Marco or Claire:
Landlines: Tel (632) 697-0767, Tel (632) 579-0233
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0920-918-7358
Comments are closed