3 Mar 2020 Tuesday 9:00 AM until 4 Mar 2020 - 4:00 PM
18 J. Abad Santos St.
Quezon City, Philippines
This advanced level Strategic Warehouse Management Seminar teaches warehouse and inventory personnel, team leaders, supervisors and managers the tools and techniques for managing people, materials, risk and costs in the Warehouse or Distribution Center.
You will learn how to design and improve your warehouse to operate in a just-in-time environment. You will also how to apply powerful LEAN and Six Sigma Tools and Techniques to improve your warehouse operations.
Today’s tough business environment has made companies more focused on efficient warehouse operations and inventory reduction as a source of competitive advantage. The traditional way of operating your warehouse is no longer enough. If a company can maintain a very lean and efficient warehouse system, it is already many steps ahead of its competitors.
Successful companies implement Just-in-time, Kaizen, Toyota Production System, and Lean methods to continuously improve warehouse operations. They are able to leverage their very efficient and lean warehouse, inventory and logistics systems into a formidable competitive advantage. These companies are able to service their customers faster, more accurately, cheaper and at a better profit margin than their competitors.
Objectives of this Strategic Warehouse Management Seminar
By the end of the training you are expected to:
- Know how to use the Strategic approaches of Lean and Supply Chain Management to improve Warehouse Operations
- Learn to design and monitor the key metrics that define your warehouse operations
- Collect and Analyze the critical data for your warehouse
Key Topics of this Strategic Warehouse Management Seminar
1. Improving Warehouse Operations
- The Strategic Role of the Warehouse in the Modern Supply Chain
- The Lean Warehouse Principles
- The Just-in-Time Warehouse
- The 8 Wastes in the Warehouse
- Poka Yoke and Error Proofing
- Standard Work
- Arranging the Warehouse for Optimum Flow
- Arranging for Fast, Slow and Non-Moving Item Storage
- Mapping the Product Flow
- Arranging the warehouse for Optimum Space Utilization
- Bin Storage
- Rack Storage
- Climate Controlled Storage
- Tool Box Storage
2. Tips for Improving Warehouse Operations
3. Implementing 5S in the Warehouse
- 5S Origins and Implementation
- 5S Warehouse Audit Checklist
- Warehouse Operations Audit Checklists
- Facilities Audit Checklist
- Materials Handling Equipment Audit Checklist
- Health and Safety Audit Checklist
4. Improving Inventory Control
- Improving inventory Accuracy
- Mapping Document Flow
- Cycle Counting
- The Pareto Principle
- ABC Stratification System
- Hit and Miss Analysis
- Inventory Error Analysis
5. Key Metrics (KPIs) for Warehouse Performance
- Listening to the Voice of the Customer
- Capturing the Factors that are Critical to Quality
- Put Away Accuracy
- Inventory Accuracy
- Picking Accuracy
- Shipping Accuracy
- Cycle Time Performance
- Dock to Stock Time (DTS)
- Warehouse Order Cycle Time
- Applying the 7 QC Tools in the Warehouse
- Applying LEAN and Six Six Sigma Tools and Techniques in the Warehouse
6. Managing Risk in the Warehouse
- Introduction to Risk Management
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) in the Warehouse
Bring a Laptop
Many of the Lessons to be presented require calculations using MS Excel. It is recommended that you bring your LAPTOP COMPUTER to be able to follow the analysis being demonstrated. A Maximum of 2 participants per laptop may share for optimum learning. Your computer should have MS Excel or equivalent software installed.
Instructor Marco Rafael Z. Pefianco was under the mentorship of 'RMP' the late Engineer Rafael M. Pefianco, since 2017, learning advanced engineering techniques in Warehouse Management, Lean and Six Sigma, Purchasing and Operations Management.
Under the tutelage of RMP Consultancy, he has gained vast amounts of experience, teaching and coaching in plants and companies like EPSON, MAN Trucks and Buses, MERALCO MSERV, among others. He has also had chances to do research projects internationally, most recently in Ho Chi Minh University in Vietnam. Marco is also a Freelance Writer and vocalist, with sideline projects in Creative Writing and Choral Music, respectively.
This will be a 2 (Two) Day Training. Please make proper arrangements if your participants will be staying at nearby hotels.
Php 14,000.00 + 12% VAT per person
Payment must be made 5 working days prior the seminar date.
You can deposit your payment to any BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) branch.
Account Name: RMP Consultancy
Account# 3150 0022 05
For Expanded Withholding Tax - Please provide BIR FORM 2307
PLEASE BE INFORMED THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL PHP 300 TO COVER BANK CHARGES AND OTHER FEES.
For Zero Vat Rated Enterprises (LOCAL - Philippines)
Kindly provide us with a copy of your Zero Rated Vat Registration.
Cancellation of Attendance must be made 3 days prior the seminar date. Strict NO REFUND/RESCHEDULE Policy after this period. 50% Cancellation penalty applies.
Included in the Course Fee
- Certificate of Attendance
- AM and PM Snacks
- Free flowing Coffee
- Comprehensive Training Manual
Register for the Seminar
Please Contact Claire or Marco
Landlines: Tel (632) 8697-0767, Tel (632) 8372-4563
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0918-937-3455
Or you can write an email to us and send it to: