17 Feb 2020 Monday 9:00 AM until 18 Feb 2020 - 4:00 PM
18 J. Abad Santos St.
Quezon City, Philippines
This seminar teaches the advanced concepts, tools and skills required to optimize your purchasing processes and further reduce cost while increasing productivity. This is a hands-on course with short lectures and many simple exercises and simulations. The exercises are designed to open the minds of the participants and stimulate them to actively participate and contribute to the seminar.
Objectives of the Strategic Purchasing Seminar
At the end of the seminar you are expected to be able to do the following:
- Tightly link procurement strategy to corporate and business unit strategy
- Develop strategic, but flexible, relationships with critical suppliers
- Change focus from cost to revenue enhancement
- Understand how applying the Lean Management Strategy can lower ordering cost, lower storage cost, and ultimately lower the total cost of procurement.
- Develop your own purchasing metrics to better manage your department
- Calculate the true lifetime cost of ownership of the goods and services you buy
- Develop your own supplier quality program
- Negotiate better with your suppliers
- Develop a Win-Win program with your suppliers
Key Topics of the Strategic Purchasing Seminar
- The Purchasing Function
- Understanding how savings in purchasing increases profits
- Developing your own purchasing metrics to better manage your department
- Looking Beyond the Price Abstract
- The cost of poor quality and non-conformance
- Adding Quality Considerations to the cost matrix
- Understanding the Fixed Quantity Q Purchasing Model
- Calculating Re-Order Points (ROP)
- Understanding the Fixed Period P Purchasing Model (Fixed Review Period Model)
- Understanding the Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) Model
- Understanding how inventory planners determine Quantities to order
- Understanding how inventory planners determine Safety Stocks
- Calculating the Total Cost of Ownership
- Lean Management Solutions to Purchasing Problems
- Locating Suppliers
- Developing your supplier quality program
- Additional Concerns for Imported Items
- Additional Concerns for CAPEX Items
- Developing Supplier Scorecards
- Negotiating Skills for Buyers
- Purchasing Ethics
- Developing your Purchasing Metrics and KPIs
Who should attend:
- Procurement Officers
- Inventory Staff
- Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, and Potential Leaders
Bring a Laptop
Many of the Lessons to be presented require calculations using MS Excel. It is recommended that you bring your LAPTOP COMPUTER to be able to follow the analysis being demonstrated. A Maximum of 2 participants per laptop may share for optimum learning. Your computer should have MS Excel or equivalent software installed.
Day 1 Presenter
Instructor Marco Rafael Z. Pefianco was under the mentorship of 'RMP' the late Engineer Rafael M. Pefianco, since 2017, learning advanced engineering techniques in Warehouse Management, Lean and Six Sigma, Purchasing and Operations Management.
Under the tutelage of RMP Consultancy, he has gained vast amounts of experience, teaching and coaching in plants and companies like EPSON, MAN Trucks and Buses, MERALCO MSERV, among others. He has also had chances to do research projects internationally, most recently in Ho Chi Minh University in Vietnam. Marco is also a Freelance Writer and vocalist, with sideline projects in Creative Writing and Choral Music, respectively.
Day 2 Presenter
Engineer Ramon T. Fernando is a seasoned executive and trainer. He brings a unique combination practical experience and advanced training that enriches the management training he conducts. His work experiences include management positions in sales, operations, and product development.
He is an Electronics and Communication Engineer with a long history in Facilities Management, General Management, Sales Malmanagement, B2B Sales Management and Foreign Business Development.
Ramon has worked in various senior management positions for local, foreign and multi-national companies in the Philippines and abroad. He also held a C-level position at a government operated export processing zone.
He also has a passion for entrepreneurship having founded several start-ups from a very young age. His latest ventures include a Filipino Restaurant in Myanmar as a well an Internet of Things Start-Up also in Myanmar.
This will be a 2 (Two) Day Training. Please make proper arrangements if your participants will be staying at nearby hotels.
Php 14,000.00 + 12% VAT per person
Payment must be made 5 working days prior the seminar date.
You can deposit your payment to any BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) branch.
Account Name: RMP Consultancy
Account# 3150 0022 05
For Expanded Withholding Tax - Please provide BIR FORM 2307
PLEASE BE INFORMED THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL PHP 300 TO COVER BANK CHARGES AND OTHER FEES.
For Zero Vat Rated Enterprises (LOCAL - Philippines)
Kindly provide us with a copy of your Zero Rated Vat Registration.
Cancellation of Attendance must be made 3 days prior the seminar date. Strict NO REFUND/RESCHEDULE Policy after this period. 50% Cancellation penalty applies.
Included in the Course Fee
- Certificate of Attendance
- AM and PM Snacks
- Free flowing Coffee
- Comprehensive Training Manual
Register for the Seminar
Please Contact Claire or Marco
Landlines: Tel (632) 8697-0767, Tel (632) 8372-4563
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0918-937-3455
Or you can write an email to us and send it to: