2 Mar 2020 Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
18 J. Abad Santos St.
Quezon City, Philippines
Effective Purchasing is a lot more than just finding the lowest price in the market. It is really about computing the total cost of ownership of a product or service from a supplier so that a rational choice can be made between competing suppliers. Does supplier A or supplier B have the right goods or services, at the right price, at the right quality, in the right quantity, at the right place, at the right time for both the short and the long term?
From the point of view of the total cost of ownership, the low-price supplier may not actually provide the best value for you. Yes, the price might be low, but the volume demanded by the supplier might be much more than you can use in the immediate future. It could also be that you don’t have the warehouse space that the higher volume requires and you will have to spend more to rent or build additional warehouse facilities.
Another reality you have to contend with is the end of life of the part you are buying. Consumer demand these days changes so quickly that it is not wise to keep large quantities of products. A mobile phone you just bought could be obsolete by the time you get to the mall exit. Hence, most businesses try to keep their inventories as low as possible while still being able to meet customer demand. So, a quantity discount may not be that advantageous after all. You run the run of having a large quantity of obsolete and unsaleable stocks.
This changes the definition of the best supplier from the cheapest to the one who is able to supply the right quantity, at the right quality, at the price that is still profitable for you.
The above suggest that purchasing staff need to be trained beyond just canvassing and instead develop supplier relationships that will provide you with a stable supply base for the long term. They need to learn concepts like the impact of short lead times, understanding economic order quantities and developing long term relationships with reliable suppliers.
RMP Consultancy regularly conducts seminars on effective purchasing skills as well as Strategic Purchasing where these concepts, tools and techniques can be learned.
Objectives of this Purchasing Seminar
At the end of the seminar the participants should be able to:
- Determine the total cost of ownership of the products you purchase
- Choose the best products available
- Identify the best supplier
- Apply effective techniques for locating, choosing, negotiating with, and managing suppliers
What you will Cover in this Purchasing Seminar
- Understanding the Purchasing Function
- Understanding how savings in purchasing increases profits
- Understanding Purchasing in a Lean Management Environment
- Purchasing in a Just-in-Time Environment
- Creating the Purchasing Price Abstract: Calculating who really gives the best price
- Understanding Quality Indicators for local products and imported products
- Looking Beyond the Price Abstract
- Calculating Re-Order Points
- Understanding how Lead Time affects Safety Stock Levels
- Calculating Economic Order Quantity to optimize frequency of ordering
- How poor purchasing polices can easily add inventory in the warehouse
- How dead stock is added to inventory
- Calculating the total cost of ownership
- Understanding Supplier Metrics: Developing your supplier quality program
Who Should Attend this Purchasing Seminar?
- Purchasing staff
- Supply chain staff
- Buyers, and
- Businessmen looking for ways to cut costs and improve profit margins.
Purchasing Seminar Methodology
The Purchasing Seminar uses a combination of short lectures, visual presentations, and exercises. More time is spent on hands-on exercises to allow the participants to learn the material presented in a fun and easy manner. The presenter will share many templates in MS Excel in this Purchasing Seminar.
Instructor Marco Rafael Z. Pefianco was under the mentorship of 'RMP' the late Engineer Rafael M. Pefianco, since 2017, learning advanced engineering techniques in Warehouse Management, Lean and Six Sigma, Purchasing and Operations Management.
Under the tutelage of RMP Consultancy, he has gained vast amounts of experience, teaching and coaching in plants and companies like EPSON, MAN Trucks and Buses, MERALCO MSERV, among others. He has also had chances to do research projects internationally, most recently in Ho Chi Minh University in Vietnam. Marco is also a Freelance Writer and vocalist, with sideline projects in Creative Writing and Choral Music, respectively.
Php 7,000.00 + 12% VAT per person
Payment must be made 5 working days prior the seminar date.
You can deposit your payment to any BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) branch.
Account Name: RMP Consultancy
Account# 3150 0022 05
For Expanded Withholding Tax - Please provide BIR FORM 2307
PLEASE BE INFORMED THERE WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL PHP 300 TO COVER BANK CHARGES AND OTHER FEES.
For Zero Vat Rated Enterprises (LOCAL - Philippines)
Kindly provide us with a copy of your Zero Rated Vat Registration.
Cancellation of Attendance must be made 3 days prior the seminar date. Strict NO REFUND/RESCHEDULE Policy after this period. 50% Cancellation penalty applies.
Included in the Course Fee
- Certificate of Attendance
- AM and PM Snacks
- Free flowing Coffee
- Comprehensive Training Manual
Register for the Seminar
Please Contact Claire or Marco
Landlines: Tel (632) 8697-0767, Tel (632) 8372-4563
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0918-937-3455
Or you can write an email to us and send it to: