Applying Kanban and Lean Methods in your Organization
Applying Kanban and Lean Methods in your Organization gives you a very powerful to achieve remarkable levels of productivity. In its simplest form, it has replaced reams of paper associated with scheduling issues with simple signs. This is a technique that can be adopted by your organization to control work better, reduce cost and increase profits.
Raffy Pefianco of RMP Consultancy teaching the Kanban Scheduling Technique at a recent management seminar for a manufacturing company located at Subic Freeport in the Philippines.
Kanban is a scheduling system for Lean Manufacturing and just in time (JIT) production. It is the system used by Toyota to control its inventory and is one of the key strategies used in Toyota Production System which helped Toyota become the largest and most profitable automobile manufacturer in the world.
Kanban originally was developed by Taiichi Ohno, an industrial engineer at Toyota, as a system to control inventory and improve and maintain a high level of production. Kanban is now recognized as one of the key methods used to achieve JIT.
Today, the techniques of Kanban have been adopted by most industries around the world including:
- Distribution, and
- Software Development
Why this Applying Kanban Seminar is Helpful
This program will help team leaders, supervisors and front line managers learn the techniques of Kanban and help them perform their jobs better. The program will also help the organization achieve its goals of increased productivity, reduced operating costs and increased profits.The concepts and tools taught are proven, straightforward, and powerful.
Seminar participant constructing a simulated Kanban Tracking Board for an HR application during a recent management seminar held for a manufacturing company located at the Subic Freeport in the Philippines.
Objectives of the Applying Kanban Seminar
At the end of the training, the participants are expected to be able to do the following:
- Understand how Kanban is an important tool to improve performance.
- Understand the concepts of Lean Manufacturing and its connection to Kanban
- Understand how to create a Kanban Scheduling Board
- Understand how to implement Kanban in a variety of situations
Applying Kanban Seminar Key Topics
- The Drive towards Higher Quality: High Speed, Zero Defects, Lower Price
- Current Trends in Management: Leaning towards TQM, Lean and Six Sigma, ISO
- The concepts behind Lean Production, Just in Time and Kanban
- Understanding the advantages of lower inventory levels
- Understanding Takt Time
- Understanding and reducing Cycle Time
- The Kanban Concept and Lean Manufacturing
- Flow vs Batch Production
- Pull Production vs Push Production
- Creating a Visual Workplace
- Applying Kanban Squares
- Practical Kanban Applications
- Developing a Kanban Scheduling System
- Kanban Two Bin System
- The Tools to Develop a Kanban System
- Listening to the Voice of the Customer (VOC)
- Visualizing the Process through Process Mapping Techniques
- Introduction to the 5 Steps to Lean Manufacturing
- Creating Value from the customer’s perspective
- Identifying Process Flows
- Flowing the Processes
- Producing to Pull
- Reaching for Perfection with Kaizen
- Introduction to the Tools of Lean Manufacturing
- Introduction to the 7 QC Tools
- Continuous Improvement with Kaizen
- Error Avoidance with Poka Yoke
- Applying 5S in the Workplace
- Developing a PDCA ACTION PLAN using the A3 Report Format
Target Audience for Applying Kanban Seminar
- Team Leaders
Applying Kanban Seminar Duration
Bring a Laptop
Many of the Lessons to be presented require calculations using MS Excel. It is recommended that you bring your LAPTOP COMPUTER to be able to follow the analysis being demonstrated. A Maximum of 2 participants per laptop may share for optimum learning. Your computer should have MS Excel or equivalent software installed.
Upcoming Business Process Improvement Seminars
22 Jan 2020, Wednesday, Focused Improvement: The 7 Quality Control Tools,
17 Feb 2020, Monday, Focused Improvement: The 7 Quality Control Tools,
16 Mar 2020, Monday, Focused Improvement: The 7 Quality Control Tools,
15 Apr 2020, Wednesday, Focused Improvement: The 7 Quality Control Tools,
14 May 2020, Thursday, Focused Improvement: The 7 Quality Control Tools,
Register for one of the Seminars Above
Register for the Seminar
Please Contact Claire or Marco
Landlines: Tel (632) 8697-0767, Tel (632) 8372-4563
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0918-937-3455
Or you can write an email to us and send it to:
Comments are closed