Advanced Management Seminar
Advanced Management Seminar: Master PLOC, The Balanced Scorecard, and RCA
Part I – PLOC
The principles of management have long been categorized into the four major functions of planning, organizing, leading, and controlling (the P-O-L-C framework). The four functions, summarized in the P-O-L-C figure, are actually highly integrated when carried out in the day-to-day realities of running an organization. This RMP Consultancy will help you understand the principles behind each of these functions and how they are integrated into a successful management strategy.
Part II – The Balanced Scorecard
The Balanced Scorecard is a strategic planning and management system that is used extensively in business and industry, government, and nonprofit organizations worldwide to align business activities to the vision and strategy of the organization, improve internal and external communications, and monitor organization performance against strategic goals.”
Despite being introduced more than 20 years ago; the Balanced Scorecard remain relevant in today’s Business Environment especially if it is combine with process improvement methodologies like Lean and Six Sigma.
This workshop is designed to introduce you to the key concepts and tools for successfully deploying The Balanced Scorecard in your organization.
Part III – Root Cause Analysis
As a manager, your primary challenge is to solve problems creatively. Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is a vital management skill you need to solve problems. It is used to determine the counter measures you need to implement to prevent recurrence of operational problems. RCA provides you with a structured process to dig deeper into a problem, separate symptoms from real causes, and find the real root causes of a recurring problem.
The RMP Consultancy Root Cause Analysis Seminar improves the way you analyze, document, and verify the root causes of a problem. You will learn the tools and techniques used to determine the total scope of a problem, to organize the information into a thorough analysis and to dig down deeply into the reasons a problem occurred. The RMP Consultancy Root Cause Analysis Seminar has been successfully conducted in many companies and you too can benefit from this management tool.
Objectives of the Workshop
- Learn the Key Management Function of Planning, Leading, Organizing and Controlling
- Understand and Create a balanced scorecard for your department
- Understand and conduct a Root Cause Analysis
Key Topics of the Workshop
Part I – PLOC
- Your Role as a Manager
- A Quick History of Management
- Traditional Management
- Total Quality Management
- Business Process Improvement Strategies
- The Lean Canvass Business Model
- Defining our Unique Selling Proposition
- Defining the Problem to Solve
- Finding Solutions
- Defining the Key Metrics
- The 4 Management Tasks
- 4 Drivers of Motivation
Part II – The Balance Scorecard
- The evolution of the Balanced Scorecard
- What is the Balanced Scorecard?
- How the BSC differs to other management systems
- Why use a Balanced Scorecard?
- The 4 Perspectives of a Balanced Scorecard
- Creating Strategy Maps
- The Lean Business Canvass and the Balanced Scorecard: Creating Meaningful KPIs
- The tools of Performance Management
- Applying the Balanced Scorecard in you Organization
Part III – Root Cause Analysis
- Defining the Problem using 5W1H
- Brainstorming using mind maps
- Pareto Analysis
- Affinity Diagrams
- Cause and Effect Diagrams (Fish bone or Ishikawa diagrams)
- 5 Whys Technique
- Verifying the Root Cause
- PDCA (Plan Do Check and Act)
Who should attend?
It is ideal for the following:
The training will be conducted as an interactive workshop with short lectures followed by group activities and presentations.
Bring a Laptop
Many of the Lessons to be presented require calculations using MS Excel. It is recommended that you bring your LAPTOP COMPUTER to be able to follow the analysis being demonstrated. A Maximum of 2 participants per laptop may share for optimum learning. Your computer should have MS Excel or equivalent software installed.
Register for one of the Seminars Above
Register for the Seminar
RMP Consultancy Seminars are available in the following formats:
- Public Seminar at our training center in Quezon City Philippines
- In-House (at your site) Workshop Format for a Max of 25 pax (Recommended)
- Special Exclusive Run
- One-on-one Coaching
Please Call Marco or Claire:
Landlines: Tel (632) 697-0767, Tel (632) 579-0233
Mobile (Globe) 0917-882-5578, Mobile (Smart) 0920-918-7358
Comments are closed